Monday, 24 November 2014
The Grand Budapest Task 1 Research
1. What is Indian Paintbrush and who owns it?
The Indian Paintbrush is a production company that is owned by Steven Rales, whose productions include: The Darjeeling Limited, Towelhead and Fantastic Mr. Fox.
2. Which company is Fox Searchlight a subsidiary of? Fox Searchlight is a subsidiary for the company Fox Searchlight Pictures
3. Which type of films does Fox Searchlight distribute?
Fox searchlight focus on more distinctive films that are managed by world class auteurs and newcomers. The company itself does have its own marketing and distribution operation and its films are distributed internationally by 20th century fox.
4. Which two countries financed the film?
There are actually two companies who financed the Grand Budapest film and theses are Mitteldeutsche Medienforderung and also Baden – Wurttemburg.
5. What did Anderson use instead of CGI (computer generated imagery)?
Anderson did use something other than computer generated imagery and this includes the aspect ratios of; 1.33, 1.85 and also 2.35:1. This was basically one of each of the timelines. He also used a three meter tall handmade miniature model and felt that since audiences would know that the shot was artificial, computer generated effects weren’t needed on top of that.
6. Where did the inspiration for the Hotel come from?
The inspiration for the actual hotel actually came from the Palace Bristol Hotel that is located in Karlovy Vary in Carlsbad.
7. Which film festival opened with The Grand Budapest Hotel?
The particular film festival that actually opened The Grand Budapest Hotel was the 64th Berlin International Film Festival.
8. Alexanre Desplat wrote the score, which major Hollywood films has he worked on?
Other major Hollywood films that Alexanre Desplat has worked on includes commercial successes like; The Golden Compass, The Twilight Sage, The Kings Speech, Godzilla and also The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. So he has worked quite a large variety of films and genres.
9. How many awards has the film won?
The Grand Budapest Hotel as a film won 5 awards.
10. Initially how many cinemas did the film open on in the US?
In the North of America, the film was opened up in just four cinemas so not many at all.
11. The film was released on Ultraviolet BluRay, what does this enable consumers to do?
The fact that the film was released on Ultraviolet Bluray allowed users to use digital home entertainment systems to stream and download different licenced content and connect them to many different platforms and devices. What it also does is allows users to share access to libraries on their devices with up to a maximum of 5 different people and on a maximum of 12 different devices and then with up to three simultaneous streams.
12. Which companies do not support Ultraviolet?
There is actually a variety of different companies that don’t support Ultraviolet and some of them are companies that you expect to support this technology. Companies include; Disney, Google, Apple and also Amazon.com.
13. What complaints did Ultraviolet encounter when it launched?
The complaints that Ultraviolet had to deal with initially included the fact that the source had confusing processes and also that there was a restrictions on the use of it.